Solution Architect – Job Description
The role of the Comport Solution Architect is to provide high quality, professional consulting services and solution demonstrations for Customers in one or more areas of expertise defined below.
The consulting services will entail assisting in architecting customer solutions, performing on-site customer assessments, performing product installation, testing, troubleshooting and problem escalation, providing customer knowledge transfer, writing status reports and creating documentation for services performed.
The Solution Architect’s goals will be measured against quality of service scores via Customer satisfaction surveys, maintaining technical expertise in designated product areas, solution demonstrations and attention to administrative tasks.
A four year college degree or equivalent work experience is required and candidate should have at least five years of experience in customer facing installation, configuration and troubleshooting roles. HP product certifications in one or more areas of expertise is a plus and will be required as part of ongoing training and education requirements.
A thorough understanding and delivery capability in one or more of the following areas of expertise is required:
- HP Storage Arrays: 3PAR StoreServ and Associated Software
- HP BladeSystem: c7000, Flex-10, Virtual Connect, Flex Fabric, Blade Servers
- VMware: ESX, ESXi, HA, FT, SRM V5.x/6.x deployment on HP servers
- Veeam Backup/Recovery Software
- HP StoreOnce Disk-based and Tape Backup Devices
- HP OneView V2/V3
- Extensive delivery capability within the data center, specifically focused on HP, Veeam and/or vmware technologies.
- Expert experience in one or more of the following: HP Storage Arrays, HP Blade Systems, VMWare deployment on HP Servers, Veeam Backup/Recovery Solutions, HP Backup Devices and HP One View Skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to re-work solutions to solve issues.
- Result and Team Oriented – You must be able to effectively manage a set of tasks through to completion and work with diverse personalities.
- Works Well Under Pressure.
- Must be able to collaborate with and take direction from their assigned Project Manager.
- Needs to be able to work independently from their home office.
- Technical writing skills required.
- Must be able to use, Microsoft Office and Visio
Salary & Travel:
- Commensurate with experience. 40-hour standard work week with occasional after hours, weekend and holiday work as well as on-call rotation.
- 50-75% Local Travel (typically 50-200 miles from Home Office) to Customer sites
- 5-25% Extended Overnight Travel (United States)