Microsoft Server Systems Engineer – Job Description
The role of the Comport Microsoft Server Systems Engineer is to provide high quality, professional consulting services involving Microsoft server operating systems.
The consulting services will entail assisting in architecting customer solutions, performing on-site customer assessments, performing product installation, testing, troubleshooting and problem escalation, providing customer knowledge transfer, writing status reports and creating documentation for services performed.
The Implementation Engineer goals are measured based on quality of service as measured through Customer satisfaction surveys, maintaining technical expertise in designated product areas, and attention to administrative tasks.
A four year college degree or equivalent work experience is required and candidate should have at least two years of experience in customer facing installation, configuration and troubleshooting roles. Microsoft product certifications in one or more areas of expertise is a plus and will be required as part of ongoing training and education requirements.
- A thorough understanding and delivery capability in the following areas of expertise is required:
- Microsoft server operating system installation, customization and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2 standard and datacenter
- Microsoft Windows server 2016 standard and datacenter a plus
- Microsoft Hyper-V architecture, deployment and support
- Microsoft Active Directory integration
- Automated deployment of Microsoft O/S images and automated patching
- Deployment on HP rackmount servers.
The following skills are a plus and will be required as part of ongoing training and certification:
- Deployment and patching on HP BladeSystems using Virtual Connect and FlexFabric
- Microsoft System Center integration and deployment
- Microsoft Azure Stack integration and deployment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Results Oriented – Effectively manage a set of tasks through to completion
- Team Oriented – Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities
- Works Well Under Pressure Ability to work with and take direction from an assigned Project Manager
- Mature with the ability to work independently from home office
- Technical Writing (service delivery documentation)
- Microsoft Office – Visio, Word
Salary & Travel:
- Salary: 40-hour standard work week with occasional after hour, weekend and holiday work.
- 50-75% Local Travel (typically 50-200 miles from Home Office) to Customer sites
- 5-25% Extended Overnight Travel (United States)